MozillaZine

Can firefox remember site-specific zoom levels anymore?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Zosimos

Post Posted January 2nd, 2020, 1:14 pm

I've been trying to get the latest Firefox to remember a slightly higher than default zoom level for Slashdot.org since the text seems a bit small there. But it won't stick. I have to manually zoom every time I visit. There is supposed to be a setting that allows specific sites to be zoomed, browser.zoom.siteSpecific, but it gets reset every time I restart the browser, so of course it is not remembering any site settings. Why? Is this a bug? Or intentional? Why would we not be allowed to have site-specific zoom settings anymore?

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted January 2nd, 2020, 1:44 pm

Somebody had this problem not long ago and it turned out to be another extension causing the problem I don't seem to be able to find the thread at the moment sorry
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

Duck_Dodgers

Post Posted January 2nd, 2020, 9:14 pm

The zoom levels also disappear if you go into Options | Privacy & Security | History , check “Clear history when Firefox closes” and then check “Site Preferences” as one of the things Firefox clears. Maybe you accidentally checked that??

Mike
Quack! Quack!

Zosimos

Post Posted January 5th, 2020, 12:10 pm

Hmm, not history, but I've checked "clear cookies and site data" when the browser closes. I didn't think that meant the settings that I choose in the browser. I wonder if it's possible to clear the cookies but keep the other stuff?

mightyglydd

Post Posted January 5th, 2020, 12:14 pm

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.

Return to Firefox General