MozillaZine

Userscript: make minimal font size smaller only for google

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Why difficult

Post Posted February 17th, 2020, 1:18 pm

I am searching for a userscript that makes the minimal font size in firefox a bit smaller.
But ONLY for the Google website! So it would be a site specific userscript for changing the minimal
size of the fonts in firefox.

I already have some userContent.css working in my chrome folder.
The Zoom page add-on does give a solution but it slows down the working of firefox very much.
It is not about zooming but about the minimal font size in firefox.

Problem
Recently Google made their fonts a bit larger and now the titles of the search results are hidden (obfuscated) by the translation bar. The translation bar called 'translate this page' is on top of the title of some Google results. When I zoom out the search results still are hidden, the only way to see the titles is to make the minimal font size smaller in firefox.

Font fix to make the google fonts smaller on google
There is a userscript called 'Google font fix' for Stylus for the Google fonts on Google themselves but it doesn't work, the fonts stay the same size.

the-edmeister

Post Posted March 2nd, 2020, 2:54 pm

https://github.com/openstyles/stylus/wiki/FAQ

See this section of that FAQ page.
Why doesn't my favorite style work in Firefox 61+?

Firefox v61+ no longer supports @-moz-document external link ...

Perhaps that userscript called 'Google font fix' for Stylus for the Google fonts on Google themselves needs to be updated to make it compatable with a newer version of Firefox?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

Return to Firefox General