(Resolved) Giant Firefox Menu Button in 87

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
JYLD

(Resolved) Giant Firefox Menu Button in 87

Post by JYLD »

Does anyone have any CSS that can change the size and location of the new giant Firefox button in FF 87?
DanRaisch

Re: Giant Firefox Menu Button in 87

Post by DanRaisch »

Giant Firefox button? I don't see one here under Win 10 and version 87. Do you see the same thing if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

Hmmm, the Giant firefox button doesn't exist in safe mode. Good one. It seems the giant Firefox button is a "feature" of the theme I use. Funny thing is I've been using that theme for a couple years and the giant firefox button didn't appear until 87. I don't know if the them changed in an update to the theme or if I changed something when I moved my setup to a new laptop. Thanks for the tip, I might be able to track down the CSS for this by exploring the theme's XPI file.
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

OK, I figured it out. I had accidentally turned off the title bar for firefox. If the title bar is turned off the giant firefox menu button appears. If title bar is turned on, the normal hamburger button is shown. The giant firefox button is nice looking, but I don't like it at the beginning of the nav-bar. I would want it at the end of the nav-bar like the hamburger button. This effect is on windows 7 using the "classic windows theme". I don't know how this might work on other versions of windows and the aero themes.
Last edited by DanRaisch on April 3rd, 2021, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "Resolved" added to Subject per user comment.
JYLD

Re: (Resolved) Giant Firefox Menu Button in 87

Post by JYLD »

For CSS to change your "hamburger" button to one of your own making see this thread:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3073441