Alternative to 7 Taskbar Tweaker.

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Jonme

Alternative to 7 Taskbar Tweaker.

Post by Jonme »

In W 10 , I used 7 Taskbar Tweaker so I could move Windows in Firefox back and forth.

My new PC has W11 , and 7 taskbar Tweaker doesn't work. How do I deal with it ? Any other prog that can do it ?
smsmith

Re: Alterbative to 7 Taskbar Tweaker

Post by smsmith »

Jonme wrote:In W 10 , I used 7 Taskbar Tweaker so I could move Windows in Firefox back and forth.
What does "move windows in Firefox back and forth" mean?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Jonme

Re: Alterbative to 7 Taskbar Tweaker

Post by Jonme »

If I have 3 windows open in Firefox , and I want to switch 2 and 3 as shown:

Ashleyj

Re: Alternative to 7 Taskbar Tweaker.

Post by Ashleyj »

It seems like you are you talking about the Windows taskbar - that's got nothing to do with Firefox.

Switching from site to site quickly is what tabs were designed for.

Just open each new window in a new tab and you can switch between then with the click of the mouse. You don't need an add-on to do that.
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

@Jonme,

There is no alternative to Taskbar Tweaker that I know of. I use it myself for years for reordering the window buttons on the taskbar in Win7. Works great and in my opinion an essential piece of software for Windows (Windows should have been coded that way) -- I'd be a bit lost and frustrated without it.

Michael (Ramen) says he should have a reworked Taskbar Tweaker for Win11 soon. The tweaker for Win11 will be a completely different program from the one that worked on previous versions of Windows. For comment on all of this see this blog post by Michael: https://ramensoftware.com/7-taskbar-twe ... ment-13305

In that blog piece Michael also discusses why Win11, in terms of the taskbar, is a completely different beast from previous Windows versions.
therube

Post by therube »

(Thanks for pointing this out. Long time 7tt user, but I'm still on Win7, so all is fine. [Just 1 more reason to not even contemplate anything newer.])
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Jonme

Post by Jonme »

@Buddhanature

Thanks for the info. Can't wait for that prog to be released ....
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Seems that people might be able to use Taskbar Tweaker in Windows 11 provided they are willing to use the Windows 10 taskbar within Windows 11.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker on Windows 11 with Windows 10’s taskbar

I'm not on Win11 myself (probably never will be) so can't comment on whether this actually works or not.