firefox-esr:36110): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 19:56:02.927: .

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
shirishag75

firefox-esr:36110): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 19:56:02.927: .

Post by shirishag75 »

Whenever I run a firefox session, it runs but I get the following on the CLI -

Code: Select all

firefox-esr:36110): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 19:56:02.927: ../../../gobject/gsignal.c:3599: signal name 'load_complete' is invalid for instance '0x7f2d40e3fa10' of type 'MaiAtkType139'
When I do end the firefox-esr session I get the following -

Code: Select all

[Parent 36110, IPC I/O Parent] WARNING: FileDescriptorSet destroyed with unconsumed descriptors: file ./ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/file_descriptor_set_posix.cc:19
Any idea what is happening.

When I do firefox-esr via --safe-mode nothing happens. So is this some extension gone rogue or something ????
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
DanRaisch

Re: firefox-esr:36110): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 19:56:02.92

Post by DanRaisch »

When things work properly in Safe Mode but not in Standard Mode it often indicates that an installed extension is causing problems.

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons & Themes->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

DanRaisch wrote:When things work properly in Safe Mode but not in Standard Mode it often indicates that an installed extension is causing problems.

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons & Themes->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
Ah, did the mistake. I disabled every extension, Now unable to enable any extension. Is there a workaround for this ???
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I disabled every extension, Now unable to enable any extension.
Have you closed and restarted the program to resume normal operations?
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

I did and then got clued how to neable extensions. I did remove one which I thought was the soure of issue (Language Tool) turned out it's not. It seems that the error creeps in when you in youtube.com