Mozilla Celebrates 100

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
John Liebson

Mozilla Celebrates 100

Post by John Liebson »

Yes, I got the link from Slashdot; please spare me the silly comment the last time I posted a link provided by Slashdot, to the effect that someone still reads it. I don't; I get a news feed of some Slashdot items, most of which I skip.This link was provided by Slashdot; not only do I not read Slashdot, I've yet to read the article in the link provided herewith;

https://blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla/cel ... refox-100/
therube

Re: Mozilla Celebrates 100

Post by therube »

Celebrating
Why?
Was something done, well?
How we got to 100
That's obvious, by upping a number every (whatever it is, few months).
Easy to get to any goal when the only goal is to meet the calendar deadline such that you can up a number & claim "success!".

So yes, 100 is WONDERFUL.

Stability, quality, usefulness... who cares!
The important part is that we reached 100.

:frown:.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Somebody still (not) reads Slashdot :shock:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

It just means there's one more digit to type. :lol:
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Frank Lion wrote:Somebody still (not) reads Slashdot :shock:
What other tech sites shouldn't we peruse?

I'd like to speed up my daily routine.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

WaltS48 wrote:
Frank Lion wrote:Somebody still (not) reads Slashdot :shock:
What other tech sites shouldn't we peruse?

I'd like to speed up my daily routine.
You should avoid tech videos like these -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMPQs8nW1Xw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXzU3xE8DUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyGfCUVpD_k
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

I rarely go to YouTube, and only for music.

I was thinking maybe Bleeping Computer.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Benny Cemoli

Post by Benny Cemoli »

John Liebson wrote:Yes, I got the link from Slashdot; please spare me the silly comment the last time I posted a link provided by Slashdot, to the effect that someone still reads it. I don't; I get a news feed of some Slashdot items, most of which I skip.This link was provided by Slashdot; not only do I not read Slashdot, I've yet to read the article in the link provided herewith;

Can't see what there is to celebrate. Yes, Mozilla has now made it to "Version 100.0" of their flagship browser product that nobody seems to want to use any longer as their use base slowly but surely continues to decline. What is it now, 8% and sinking? So congratulations Mozilla, you've made it to 100. But in your rush to get to this point you forgot one important, vital, thing. The users. But that's not surprising. The developers consistently ignored the users and gave use such wonderful things like Pocket integration. And DoH (does anyone use that at all? I don't and make sure it's not activated). And new "download flows". And removal of all mentions of Russia leaving the Russian users out in the cold. Gee, that was a good one. Tell a subset of your already shrinking user base they're not welcome and go use another browser. And removal of the extension system that made the Firefox popular and replacing it with a neutered version thereby dumping all of your existing extensions that people used in one fell swoop. And the constant dumbing down of the user interface and removal of options that once existed. And on, and on . . .

So congratulations Mozilla, you made it to 100! At this rate you might still be around by the end of the year. But that's not a sure thing.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Dido!
therube wrote:
Celebrating
Why?
Was something done, well?
How we got to 100
That's obvious, by upping a number every (whatever it is, few months).
Easy to get to any goal when the only goal is to meet the calendar deadline such that you can up a number & claim "success!".

So yes, 100 is WONDERFUL.

Stability, quality, usefulness... who cares!
The important part is that we reached 100.

:frown:.
'Microsucks' made me nuts, Linux is making me crazy...
...at least with Linux, I can afford the therapy.. : )
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

this is what happens when a Corporation of a few Tyrannical Snowflakes take over a once huge 'Community Project' as They decide what 'you need', Not what we want. 'American Marxism'!
Benny Cemoli wrote:
John Liebson wrote:Yes, I got the link from Slashdot; please spare me the silly comment the last time I posted a link provided by Slashdot, to the effect that someone still reads it. I don't; I get a news feed of some Slashdot items, most of which I skip.This link was provided by Slashdot; not only do I not read Slashdot, I've yet to read the article in the link provided herewith;

Can't see what there is to celebrate. Yes, Mozilla has now made it to "Version 100.0" of their flagship browser product that nobody seems to want to use any longer as their use base slowly but surely continues to decline. What is it now, 8% and sinking? So congratulations Mozilla, you've made it to 100. But in your rush to get to this point you forgot one important, vital, thing. The users. But that's not surprising. The developers consistently ignored the users and gave use such wonderful things like Pocket integration. And DoH (does anyone use that at all? I don't and make sure it's not activated). And new "download flows". And removal of all mentions of Russia leaving the Russian users out in the cold. Gee, that was a good one. Tell a subset of your already shrinking user base they're not welcome and go use another browser. And removal of the extension system that made the Firefox popular and replacing it with a neutered version thereby dumping all of your existing extensions that people used in one fell swoop. And the constant dumbing down of the user interface and removal of options that once existed. And on, and on . . .

So congratulations Mozilla, you made it to 100! At this rate you might still be around by the end of the year. But that's not a sure thing.
'Microsucks' made me nuts, Linux is making me crazy...
...at least with Linux, I can afford the therapy.. : )
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!