site data in all profiles by FF--why????

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
bob c

site data in all profiles by FF--why????

Post by bob c »

I just now noticed that FF is storing cookies and site data, all the same info., in all 3 of the profiles on the computer. Why? I went in to do a manual cleaning of it today, and found in my wife's profiles the same list of site data and cookies in her profile, as in mine. We also have a profile that we use for just 1 site. Same thing in it. Why? This is annoying, a lot of sites I go to, guns-news-financial-different forums--swim-etc.etc. she never goes to, or that 3rd profile, so why is FF sticking so much info in there. I should not have to go into those profiles to "cookies-site data", "manage data" and block sites from storing data in those profiles. FF shouldn't be putting it in there in the first place. Anybody have a clue as to a setting somewhere that would prevent this. They are separate profiles.
therube

Re: site data in all profiles by FF--why????

Post by therube »

Are you syncing, by chance?

Are the files themselves (bit) identical?
Are the file date/times in sync or at least of relatively close dates?
(As in, if one Profile hadn't been used in some time, are its file dates in line with a currently used Profile?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript