Why I dislike Firefox Sync

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
chzuck

Why I dislike Firefox Sync

Post by chzuck »

For a long time I used Xmarks to sync my bookmarks among my computers. After they stopped supporting it, I tried Firefox sync and hated the fact that Firefox rearranged the bookmarks. For a time I just saved them and exported and imported them from PC to PC. Then I found EverSync. Works great and keeps the bookmarks in identical order as they were in the main PC. So, why can't Firefox Sync do that?
For my Android and IOS devices, I save the bookmarks on the main PC in EverSync, then log into Firefox and sync to my Android and IOS devices. Then log out and download from EverSync to my Firefox desktop PC (my master Bookmark device) to get the Bookmarks right again.
Grumpus

Re: Why I dislike Firefox Sync

Post by Grumpus »

It's possible to completely disable it and remove it from the settings menu if you'd like.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
chzuck

Post by chzuck »

It is, but it is the only way I know of to update Firefox on Android.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Does Google list Firefox in it's software, apps, etc.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
chzuck

Post by chzuck »

I do not use Google.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

If you search in Google or some other search engine you should find all sorts of listings on how to install, modification, etc. beyond sync.
chzuck

Post by chzuck »

Don't understand what you mean by beyond sync?
As I said before I stay away from using Google as much as possible and am very happy with EverSync. It keeps my bookmarks just as I have them on all of my browsers and PCs. Just have not find a good way to sync in Android. Need to check if Eversync has an app. Tried Firefox sync twice and it rearranged all of my bookmarks.
Merely made my post to make it known what can happen if one used Firefox sync across devices.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Note: Having searched for a method, you do not have to use Google, though for some reason Android seems to have a relationship.
Use another search engine, there were a number of methods other than a sync style.
Good luck.