Where did my Bookmarks toolbar go after updating?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Where did my Bookmarks toolbar go after updating?

Post by Flycaster »

Just updated to 104.0.2, and it appears that my bookmark toolbar is missing. Fortunately, I can still get to my Bookmarks via the Menu's Bookmarks. BTW, "Always show bookmarks" is checked.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Where did my Bookmarks toolbar go after updating?

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I have seen where I somehow end up with 2 Bookmarks Toolbar folders in the menus. One of them empty and the other has contents. It may occur if you do a complete restore from a Bookmarks.HTML file.
If you open Bookmarks by the Menu if the Bookmarks Toolbar is not near the top (like item 3-4) look near the bottom near Other Bookmarks. Just check the entire list.
You can drag drop the contents to the correct folder and they should show up.
Hope this helps.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

BruceAWittmeier wrote:I have seen where I somehow end up with 2 Bookmarks Toolbar folders in the menus. One of them empty and the other has contents. It may occur if you do a complete restore from a Bookmarks.HTML file.
If you open Bookmarks by the Menu if the Bookmarks Toolbar is not near the top (like item 3-4) look near the bottom near Other Bookmarks. Just check the entire list.
You can drag drop the contents to the correct folder and they should show up.
Hope this helps.
Hey Bruce, I don't think this is what I am looking for. When doing as you suggest, Bookmark toolbar is in the dropdown and all my BMs are in their right folders. However, the toolbar did not show. BTW, I should have also said that this was on my Surface 6 running Windows 11. Anyway, I just turned on my Surface and the bookmarks toolbar is inexplicably back where it should be.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Well, I'm glad you got it resolved even if we don't know how or why. :)
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.