set zoom scale for certain sites

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Justinh

set zoom scale for certain sites

Post by Justinh »

There are certain sites I use only in private windows. Site settings like zoom value are lost when closing the window. Is there a way I can set the zoom % for certain sites w/o ever using a regular window and the value persist?

I figured out a way to do this with Edge (certain text file that stores these things).
therube

Re: set zoom scale for certain sites

Post by therube »

w/o ever using a regular window
Hmm.

Well, you could hack that "certain file" (not that I know which offhand) that FF uses.
Imagine that would work.

Find that file, open those sites on a different computer, copy that file back onto yours.
Problem is, whatever file it might happen to be, may very well contain more then "just" zoom settings.

And I take it you're adverse to opening that regular window, once, setting zoom, then clearing out its history?
(And not that I'm really sure just how to go about that either?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Justinh

Post by Justinh »

I don't know what Fx file contains this info.
therube wrote:
w/o ever using a regular window
And I take it you're adverse to opening that regular window, once, setting zoom, then clearing out its history?
I might have to resort to this, but wanted to know the alternatives first.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

What works for me is, set the site zoom in a non-private window, and then when you open it in a private window it will use the zoom setting you previously set in a non-private window.

Unless of course you don't want the site in your normal history. :P
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.