FF hangs - bug 1813545

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Ezh

FF hangs - bug 1813545

Post by Ezh »

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1813545

Can anybody suggest what logs I can make to get useful information for developers?
therube

Re: FF hangs - bug 1813545

Post by therube »

They are all Win10?
Same FF version on each?

Similarities between the dozen?
All use the same antivirus?
All use the same sleep "method"?
(Not really familiar with 10, but if it has different methods of "sleep", you might investigate that.)

Limited RAM?
If FF has spooled out to disk (rather then remaining in RAM), that would be time consuming.
FF CPU usage is high, so that might kind of indicate that it has spooled & is being read back into RAM.
Maybe there are some Windows (or otherwise) utilities that might point out that information, not sure?

FF is using 4GB of RAM, & while not a huge amount, it's a decent amount.
Might test by opening FF, only loading a few tabs (such that FF is using < 1GB of RAM), put the computer to sleep, awaken it, & see if you still see the same high CPU usage?

I'm on Win7, rarely ever restart, & keep anything & everything open when I sleep, & have never had any issues with programs responding on awakening. I've got 8 GB RAM on 1 machine & 16 GB on another.

No antivirus or anything like that. No updates. No undue background tasks.
(Now contrast that with what goes on in Win10/11.)

Programs like Process Hacker & Process Explorer can display graphs of Disk I/O. Have one of them open, see if it doesn't should a lot of initial I/O.
(Window Task Manager may have the same, don't know, I don't use it.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Ezh

Re: FF hangs - bug 1813545

Post by Ezh »

All Win 10.

CPU from i3-6006U (this one is really slow and will be replaced this summer) to Ryzen 5800X.

RAM from 12Gb to 64Gb.

Will try the process explorer programms.

Tnx for the replay.