MozillaZine

Limit on number of concurrent downloads

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Does Firefox have a limit on the number of concurrent downloads?
Is there a way to change that limit?

mattd7591

User avatar
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: February 14th, 2006, 6:36 pm
Location: Nj

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:15 pm

not that i know of.. well i believe there is a mx on number of server connections, but can be changed w Fasterfox
--Matt----MSD--

Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:18 pm

mattd7591 wrote:not that i know of.. well i believe there is a mx on number of server connections, but can be changed w Fasterfox


How?

mattd7591

User avatar
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: February 14th, 2006, 6:36 pm
Location: Nj

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:22 pm

google fasterfox and increase number of maximum server connections( oh and to have totla control, use custonm)
--Matt----MSD--

Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:30 pm

mattd7591 wrote:google fasterfox and increase number of maximum server connections( oh and to have totla control, use custonm)


Thanx.

What is "custonm"?

mattd7591

User avatar
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: February 14th, 2006, 6:36 pm
Location: Nj

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:42 pm

just the custom settings
--Matt----MSD--

Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:49 pm

mattd7591 wrote:just the custom settings


Which ones?

I did about:config and saw no settings for "server".

mattd7591

User avatar
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: February 14th, 2006, 6:36 pm
Location: Nj

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 5:52 pm

in fasterfox...
--Matt----MSD--

Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 9:29 pm

mattd7591 wrote:in fasterfox...


fasterfox is an extension.
See my signature.

Racer
 
Posts: 6108
Joined: November 18th, 2002, 11:07 am

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Uh just open about:config and change the following settings to have 8 as their value:
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server

Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 11th, 2006, 10:40 pm

Racer wrote:Uh just open about:config and change the following settings to have 8 as their value:
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server


Thanx.

The Networking Preferences article in http://www.mozilla.org/quality/networki ... prefs.html would indicate that 8 is not an acceptable value for either preference. Seems to suggest 4 and 2, which are already used as, I guess, the defaults.

Thumper

User avatar
 
Posts: 8037
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 5:42 pm
Location: Linlithgow, Scotland

Post Posted March 12th, 2006, 5:57 am

Did you try it first, or are you yet again attempting to make helping you as difficult as possible? "Acceptable" in that context means "considered to be compliant with the recommendations of RFC 2616 section 8.1.4" rather than "permissable by the application". The number may be set as high as 8 if desired.

- Chris

Howard Kaikow
 
Posts: 606
Joined: November 6th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Post Posted March 12th, 2006, 7:47 am

Thumper wrote:Did you try it first, or are you yet again attempting to make helping you as difficult as possible? "Acceptable" in that context means "considered to be compliant with the recommendations of RFC 2616 section 8.1.4" rather than "permissable by the application". The number may be set as high as 8 if desired.

- Chris


You continue to make foolish remarks.

Proper documentation needsto define what is permitted.

Thumper

User avatar
 
Posts: 8037
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 5:42 pm
Location: Linlithgow, Scotland

Post Posted March 12th, 2006, 8:45 am

Take it up with the party who wrote the documentation, not the unofficial support group. The answer you were given was correct. Now that you have your answer, there is no reason for you not to leave this thread and learn some basic Internet etiquette for the next time you require free technical support.

- Chris

Return to Firefox General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests