Custom Lightweight Firefox

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
dk_sn1p3r

Custom Lightweight Firefox

Post by dk_sn1p3r »

Basically I want my Firefox to look exactly like this and I have no idea how to go about accomplishing it. I'm not sure if I need to make a plug in, make a theme, remake Firefox from the ground up, or a combination of the three. I'm looking for a little help and direction.

Here is my design goal:

It's a thumbnail click on it to enlarge it.

My bad this is going to go into the development thread.
Death Knight Sniper
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

So what's so lightweight about that?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

1. I don't think you can put Menu items in the Titlebar without a Windows OS Theme that would combine the OS chrome with the Firefox UI.
2. Pretty much the same effect can be done with the Customize option for the Toolbars, along with the Tiny Menu extension. Many of "us" have been running a single Toolbar in Firefox for many years.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
dk_sn1p3r

Post by dk_sn1p3r »

Hmm, which extension would that be? I was planning on adding some game speciffic material to the client and removing a lot of unneeded Mozilla Code.

All the UI was suppose to do was fit that game image in the client area and pack a very large amount of functions in a small UI area.

I didn't think they had plug-ins that did that already.
Death Knight Sniper
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

If you want minimal UI for browsing a specific site, you might want to look at WebRunner instead.
dk_sn1p3r

Post by dk_sn1p3r »

Naw, thats ok. I just realize how easy it is to code up an extension to do what ever you want ascetically. I also just noticed how easy it is to manually set up one tool bar. Now I need to figure out how to do that dynamcially when loading up 'Runescape' as if I were starting a special session of Firefox. As for reducing bloating I can possibly combine all of my extensions I have now into one or two. Remove the unnecessary ones. I also looked into recoding Firefox and it looks excruciatingly painful to rebuild. Besides that I can handle the memory hit I guess. Also I think all the CPU over head that I'm talking about is mainly when playing the game I'm making the custom UI for. More of a problem with my computer and the game then it is Firefox.

I think it's becoming clearer as to how to make the Custom UI with an extension to make it look appealing.

I guess I just didn't know how brilliant the guys who made Mozilla really are =-)

I'm still fogy as how to have my 'browser' and then my 'Runescape' browser separate or able to switch between the Just make a plug in or theme and give it an enable disable button or something?
Death Knight Sniper