Command Line parameters in Windows

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Mr. Furious

Command Line parameters in Windows

Post by Mr. Furious »

I hope this is not a severely retarded question, but...

I am using Textpad to lauch Phoenix. I am passing the url I want viewed as a parameter like so:
<code>
phoenix_path\phoenix.exe url
</code>

However, this always opens a new browser window, which is not what I desire. Does anyone know of a way I can tell phoenix to reuse an open window? I'm using Windows. From what I understand, the -remote commands only work on Linux (I tried -remote openURL() and it didn't work).
Thanks.
djst

Re: Command Line parameters in Windows

Post by djst »

Mr. Furious wrote:I hope this is not a severely retarded question, but...

I am using Textpad to lauch Phoenix. I am passing the url I want viewed as a parameter like so:
<code>
</code>

However, this always opens a new browser window, which is not what I desire. Does anyone know of a way I can tell phoenix to reuse an open window? I'm using Windows. From what I understand, the -remote commands only work on Linux (I tried -remote openURL() and it didn't work).
Thanks.

Try this tip: http://texturizer.net/phoenix/tips.html#beh_reuse
Only reverse it (set it to true instead of false). Has the default changed?
Last edited by djst on November 12th, 2002, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Furious

Didn't seem to work...

Post by Mr. Furious »

I tried that, but it didn't work. I did not make any changes to the default behavior, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. I didn't even have a user.js file, but I created one and passed in true like you said, but whenever I do the following:
<code>
</code>
with a phoenix window already open, instead of reusing the window, another one is opened.

Any ideas? Again, I'm running windows xp and I want phoenix to reuse windows that are already opened.
Last edited by Mr. Furious on November 12th, 2002, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

What does about:config say regarding the setting of this pref?
edcatmur

Post by edcatmur »

The supportDDEExec pref only has any effect when the new web page is being passed to Phoenix by DDE (see Control Panel->Folder Options->File Types->HTML Document->Advanced->Open->Edit for an example)

Now, if only you could get TextPad to open Phoenix by DDE...
TomDibble

Post by TomDibble »

edcatmur wrote:The supportDDEExec pref only has any effect when the new web page is being passed to Phoenix by DDE (see Control Panel->Folder Options->File Types->HTML Document->Advanced->Open->Edit for an example)

Now, if only you could get TextPad to open Phoenix by DDE...

Well, you can try (assuming you have URL's associated with Phoenix instead of IE):

start url

That will use the Windows DDE settings.