MozillaZine

Phoenix Icons?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Jereboam
 
Posts: 3
Joined: November 12th, 2002, 4:07 am

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 7:42 am

I have a PNG which is pretty cool - just can't remember where I snagged it - I think it was a KDE customisation site - I am using it on XP with YzDock and it looks smooth.

Aha - here it is http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview ... 944ebd83a2

Sorry for the long link.

J'bm

rbrimhall

User avatar
 
Posts: 332
Joined: November 13th, 2002, 11:20 pm
Location: Memphis, TN

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 8:10 am

thanks for the link... that's the best icon I've seen so far that you can actually download... cool...

cdn

User avatar
 
Posts: 999
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 8:12 am

jedbro wrote:Hmm
Thanks for the link, but i still can't get to the icons... the files don't exist, nor the zips.

I'm really interested in the zip file
http://www.mozdev.org.uk/rsync/iconpack ... hoenix.zip

or even
http://www.mozdev.org.uk/rsync/iconpack ... hoenix.icl


the only way (until the rsync) that you'll get these is via cvs

http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/source.html [instructions]

http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/ico ... s/phoenix/


iconpacks co-ordinator

flii

User avatar
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: November 6th, 2002, 11:29 pm
Location: hickville, south dakota

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 8:14 am

a tattoo i've seen and saved a long time ago has the phoenix. it's not an icon, but if anyone likes it, i'm sure they can stick it in microangelo quick.

phoenix tattoo

cdn

User avatar
 
Posts: 999
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 8:16 am

luci wrote:what about icons for LINUX? I'd prefer alpha transparent pngs...


just grab the pngs from http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/ : )

cheeaun

User avatar
 
Posts: 826
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 10:55 pm
Location: Malaysia

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 10:04 pm


Wow, do you need my help to convert this into an icon?
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun

cheeaun

User avatar
 
Posts: 826
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 10:55 pm
Location: Malaysia

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 10:07 pm

cdn wrote:
luci wrote:what about icons for LINUX? I'd prefer alpha transparent pngs...


just grab the pngs from http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/ : )

Can the PNG files turn into icons in Linux instantaneously? Or it needs a .xpm version?
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun

luci

User avatar
 
Posts: 12
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 10:39 am

Post Posted November 20th, 2002, 7:02 am

cheeaun wrote:
cdn wrote:just grab the pngs from http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/ : )

Can the PNG files turn into icons in Linux instantaneously? Or it needs a .xpm version?


cdn is right, but it would be nice if they were packed in one tar.gz archive with different sizes (16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128 pngs for KDE) and even install script would be cool, which will copy them to proper location...
maybe i'll do it myself later... i'm at work now ;)
.xpm version is needed only for some old/light WM without .png support. xpm is not needed in fact.
:.. :.: ::: :

rbrimhall

User avatar
 
Posts: 332
Joined: November 13th, 2002, 11:20 pm
Location: Memphis, TN

Post Posted November 21st, 2002, 9:03 am

cheeaun wrote:
jedbro wrote:
cheeaun wrote:Is this (the avatar on you left) what you're looking? Well, sorry! It's true that my site is down. But don't worry, I will make a mirror site soon. Stay tune...


Yep! those were them! Coul you please post your site when it´s up?
Cheers!!

(better yet, why not send them to themes.mozdev.org for them to put up??)

Thanks a million. they really rock!

The site is almost ready in the next few days or tommorow... please be patient.

anyone have any ideas when this site will be available?

rbrimhall

User avatar
 
Posts: 332
Joined: November 13th, 2002, 11:20 pm
Location: Memphis, TN

Post Posted November 22nd, 2002, 12:44 pm

cdn wrote:
jedbro wrote:Hmm
Thanks for the link, but i still can't get to the icons... the files don't exist, nor the zips.

I'm really interested in the zip file
http://www.mozdev.org.uk/rsync/iconpack ... hoenix.zip

or even
http://www.mozdev.org.uk/rsync/iconpack ... hoenix.icl


the only way (until the rsync) that you'll get these is via cvs

http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/source.html [instructions]

http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/ico ... s/phoenix/

I got the icons but can anyone tell me how to "install" them... like where the icons are stored??

cdn

User avatar
 
Posts: 999
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post Posted November 22nd, 2002, 3:49 pm

just as in mozilla

<moz dir>/chrome/icons/default/mainwindow-16.ico or similar

http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/ is as ready as it will ever be, short of changes to which mirror some download links point to

rbrimhall

User avatar
 
Posts: 332
Joined: November 13th, 2002, 11:20 pm
Location: Memphis, TN

Post Posted November 22nd, 2002, 4:30 pm

cdn wrote:just as in mozilla

<moz dir>/chrome/icons/default/mainwindow-16.ico or similar

http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/ is as ready as it will ever be, short of changes to which mirror some download links point to


Do you just extract the icons to that folder? Or do you need to save them as .xpi to "install" them... I know that's how the Greyrest icons worked but I can't seem to get the phoenix ones to work... except to go in and rename them to the Greyrest equivalent... any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

cdn

User avatar
 
Posts: 999
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post Posted November 23rd, 2002, 1:19 am

initially I copied the icons directory from mozilla to phoenix, before editing the icon

both phoenix and mozilla seem to use main-window.[icon ext] where they should be using main-window-16.[icon ext]

I've explained this somewhere else before now, I can't remember when / where : )

michel v

User avatar
 
Posts: 145
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 8:54 am
Location: Corsica

Post Posted November 23rd, 2002, 6:11 am

Just so I have a clearer understanding of the situation, can I just drop these icons into the Chrome directory to have Phoenix display an icon in the taskbar in Linux? This is my biggest pet peeve at the moment...

cheeaun

User avatar
 
Posts: 826
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 10:55 pm
Location: Malaysia

Post Posted November 23rd, 2002, 7:32 am

michel v wrote:Just so I have a clearer understanding of the situation, can I just drop these icons into the Chrome directory to have Phoenix display an icon in the taskbar in Linux? This is my biggest pet peeve at the moment...

I don't know much about Linux, but I'm sure that in Windows, the 'lizard' icons are embeded in phoenix.exe which I need to hack it up. :P
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun

Return to Firefox General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests