Updating Phoenix

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
rbrimhall

Updating Phoenix

Post by rbrimhall »

Can you save your phoenix profile from a previous build and save over the new "clean" install? If so, would this prevent you from having to reinstall themes, extensions, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks :javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing}
djst

Re: Updating Phoenix

Post by djst »

rbrimhal wrote:Can you save your phoenix profile from a previous build and save over the new "clean" install? If so, would this prevent you from having to reinstall themes, extensions, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks :javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing}

This is completely off the records: You can always try to just "upgrade" phoenix by overwriting the previous install with the new one. But the important thing to remember is that <i>if</i> you have problems, <i>always</i> try to reproduce the problem with a clean install/profile before reporting any problems here or in Bugzilla.
rbrimhall

thanks

Post by rbrimhall »

thanks for the "of the record" tip! It's really not that much of a hassle to reinstall everything that I actually use on the browser but on a dial -up connection it can be time consuming... if only grad students were paid a little more... ah well...

Any input on the phoenix installer available from an unofficial source... I've started using this and haven't had any trouble yet but...
djst

Re: thanks

Post by djst »

rbrimhal wrote:Any input on the phoenix installer available from an unofficial source... I've started using this and haven't had any trouble yet but...

It's great. Just keep using it.