Window (Tab) Focus Change

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Atreyu

Window (Tab) Focus Change

Post by Atreyu »

I'm having issues with Focus changing when pages finish loading! ...strangely this seems to be a Cross Browser Cross platform problem as it happens on windows with Opera, IE, Mozilla and Phoenix and on my Linux box with Mozilla and Galeon.

The general problem is this - I try to view multiple pages at once ... click a link on one page jump to a forum to post a reply - now when the first page finishes loading it takes focus so one minute I'm hapily typing away next - forum still displayed however it's lost focus and I've gota click on the page (field, whatever) to continue my typing.

Any ideas on solving this one?
djst

Re: Window (Tab) Focus Change

Post by djst »

Atreyu wrote:I'm having issues with Focus changing when pages finish loading! ...strangely this seems to be a Cross Browser Cross platform problem as it happens on windows with Opera, IE, Mozilla and Phoenix and on my Linux box with Mozilla and Galeon.

The general problem is this - I try to view multiple pages at once ... click a link on one page jump to a forum to post a reply - now when the first page finishes loading it takes focus so one minute I'm hapily typing away next - forum still displayed however it's lost focus and I've gota click on the page (field, whatever) to continue my typing.

Any ideas on solving this one?

I can confirm this problem in Phoenix. I actually find it annoying. It would be very good if the page could remember where the cursor/focus was when revisiting a page. I guess this is a Gecko problem.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Hmm, I recall having this problem very long ago in Mozilla, but that was fixed ages ago.

Stealing focus doesn't happen anymore for me in neither Moz or Phoenix.
I'm running Win98SE btw, in case this is OS dependant.
Atreyu

Post by Atreyu »

I've just been doing some 'scientific' research into this ... Ok i just got a bunch of friends all to try on all their browsers on as many platforms as possible here are the results

Mozilla & IE on Win 98 don't have focus issue ... Opera on 98 does have focus issue ... phoenix unknown

Mozilla, Phoenix, Galeon & Opera on Linux and Win XP all have focus issue

Mac OS's ... i know noone with a mac

Linux all only tested on Gnome - maybe this is a Gnome / Win XP issue - I'll try KDE sometime to see if it does it too ...