Afew personal ideas/requests...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mhein

Afew personal ideas/requests...

Post by mhein »

Hi Folks,
Let me say initially that since it's inception Firefox has been "the one and only" Browser for not only myself, but indeed, our whole immediate family and that we all deeply appreciate all the hard and innovative work that has and continues to be done to added to this "best of the best" app!!
While I would NEVER pretend to be a programmer, I do (and have had) a few ideas about some "fixes" for Firefox:
1) For several months now I check the state of my plug-ins and the one for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC says UPDATE. when I download the latest update the install says "you've already GOT the latest version!"
2) When reading my downloaded e-mail in Thunderbird (which I also use/LOVE) and come across a link I want to view Firefox does not automatically pop-up on top when it receives the order.
While I realize these are rather petty, but I hope I'm not alone in bringing these features up :)
God Bless.....Mark Hein
LoudNoise

Re: Afew personal ideas/requests...

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Support.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
mhein

Post by mhein »

Hey LoudNoise,
Many Thanks... sometimes it's a bit confusing as to just the right Topic to post to! :D
God Bless.....Mark Hein
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

mhein wrote:Hey LoudNoise,
Many Thanks... sometimes it's a bit confusing as to just the right Topic to post to! :D
In case you missed this at the lower right side bar...
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
Feedback to Mozilla is here > https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedbac ... ox/31.8.0/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

1) Try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader and reinstalling it.
2) Works correctly for me. I'll try it tomorrow on a windows machine.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
mhein

Post by mhein »

Hi Guys,
Thanks to JayhawksRock : as crazy as it may sound, I never had a reason to find this site you've included. many thanks it's now in the Mozilla Firefox Folder of my Bookmarks...
Thanks again to LoudNoise for your help by moving me to the correct Topic list! I must admit to getting lazy about this really frequent re-install fix with many over the years :)!! I've yet to test it, but I have known of the necessary changes to the Tools/Options list for a long time. Either way It didn't to "freshen-up the old Registry" <VBG>!!
God Bless.....Mark Hein
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

For Adobe Reader, the new version numbers of the DC series seem to confuse the plugin checker website. They are aware of this problem.

If in doubt, open Adobe Reader and use Help > Check for Updates. If Adobe Reader is satisfied, then Firefox should be using the latest version.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

On the Thunderbird not triggering Firefox to pop-up, check your applications tab in Firefox and make sure mailto is set to "Use Thunderbird mail (default). I believe there is a back and forth condition there.
You may want to check you Properties (Preferences) and account settings to make sure the HTML is enabled. Use the "Original" it may help.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you