Disable history for search bar

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
wossName

Disable history for search bar

Post by wossName »

Hi,

I would like to see a feature where I can disable the pop-up history for the search bar.

Also, the search bar should clear the text field once the results have been loaded,
otherwise I have to do it manually for every new search.
old momokatte

Re: Disable history for search bar

Post by old momokatte »

wossName wrote:Also, the search bar should clear the text field once the results have been loaded,

I imagine the point of preserving the contents of the textbox after the search is so you can modify your search (like add another keyword) wihtout having to retype the whole thing.

Although...it is much easier to modify your search in the search page. I agree that the search box should clear the text, even though I'm never going to use it again (I have a custom search page as Home).
cliffbabcock

Re: Disable history for search bar

Post by cliffbabcock »

momokatte wrote:
wossName wrote:Also, the search bar should clear the text field once the results have been loaded,

I imagine the point of preserving the contents of the textbox after the search is so you can modify your search (like add another keyword) wihtout having to retype the whole thing.

Although...it is much easier to modify your search in the search page. I agree that the search box should clear the text, even though I'm never going to use it again (I have a custom search page as Home).

Yes. disable that text. I don't want people knowing what I have been searching on. I can do that with I.E. and until I can do that with Phoenix, IE will be my browser.