MozillaZine

Can I disable auto-complete?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Lauriellen

Post Posted November 24th, 2002, 11:45 pm

Is there a simple way to disable/turn off autocomplete forms in Phoenix 0.4? In IE I can simply go to "Internet Options" and specify what I want autocomplete to do and what I don't, but I can find no way to get rid of it in Phoenix, and it's driving me nuts. It's distracting enough to see all these words pop up in a drop-down list when I'm trying to type, but they're also popping up when I kill time with a favorite word game (www.funster.com).

Thanks!

Laurie S.

djst

Post Posted November 25th, 2002, 3:50 am

Lauriellen wrote:Is there a simple way to disable/turn off autocomplete forms in Phoenix 0.4? In IE I can simply go to "Internet Options" and specify what I want autocomplete to do and what I don't, but I can find no way to get rid of it in Phoenix, and it's driving me nuts. It's distracting enough to see all these words pop up in a drop-down list when I'm trying to type, but they're also popping up when I kill time with a favorite word game (www.funster.com).

Thanks!

Laurie S.

Not yet, from what I know. There will be options for the auto-complete feature (called Satchel) in Phoenix 0.6.

JEdwardP

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 1:28 am

I strongly agree with the original poster. auto-complete is more than distracting enough to interfere with my typing, which is already quite poor in itself.

I'll wait patiently for 0.6, and just try to live through any paroxysms that auto-complete might bring on me!

Jim

Return to Firefox Features