MozillaZine

Custom sidebar tabs

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Sho

Post Posted November 27th, 2002, 11:40 am

Hi,

I'm pretty sure there are many threads about this - yet I didn't find them using the search feature, thus here I am.

I recently developed a MoZilla/Netscape sidebar panel for one of my websites - a user request. By now, it's a beloved feature. Now, I came to realize that Phoenix doesn't support the whole custom panel thing. Will we see this in an upcoming version of Phoenix? Or does it have this feature and I'm only too stupid to find it?

Stefan

Post Posted November 27th, 2002, 2:33 pm

Sho wrote:
I recently developed a MoZilla/Netscape sidebar panel for one of my websites - a user request. By now, it's a beloved feature. Now, I came to realize that Phoenix doesn't support the whole custom panel thing. Will we see this in an upcoming version of Phoenix? Or does it have this feature and I'm only too stupid to find it?

Phoenix has changed some of the code for sidebars, so it won't work right out the box with mozilla sidebars. Don't know it's level of customability yet though, ie if you can get it to work at all.

Sho

Post Posted November 27th, 2002, 2:36 pm

According to the 0.2 (!) release notes, there are plans to get this functionality back in again later. In the 0.3 and 0.4 release notes, this part is missing.

I'd love to hear from a developer about this. :(

asa

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 1:08 am

Sho wrote:According to the 0.2 (!) release notes, there are plans to get this functionality back in again later. In the 0.3 and 0.4 release notes, this part is missing.

I'd love to hear from a developer about this. :(

Eventually there will be a fourth sidebar panel that can house all of your sidebars or something like that.

--Asa
"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think." --Dobbs 1961

Sho

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 8:35 am

That'd be neat. :)

Return to Firefox Features