Tabbed Browsing

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
shimage

Post by shimage »

alanjstr wrote:
This extension makes it possible to right-click on a non-clickable URL and select open it as if it was a link.

yes, i know what it does, thank you. i just don't understand how that pertains to my misgivings.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

shimage wrote:
alanjstr wrote:
This extension makes it possible to right-click on a non-clickable URL and select open it as if it was a link.

yes, i know what it does, thank you. i just don't understand how that pertains to my misgivings.

Whoops. That's it, no more late night MozillaZine for me.

I was suggesting an alternative to dragging the URL to the tab bar.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

shimage wrote:
Stefan wrote:Well to BIND a hotkey is probably not interesting for most people no.
The 'swap the "new tab in foreground/background" behavior' however is definitly available...
http://texturizer.net/phoenix/mouse.html

that was already suggested to me in another thread. i've tried, and it doesn't work on either of my machines (win2k and winxp). i'm not sure why...

This never worked for me either. Shift doesn't reverse the behaviour here (NT4), new tabs either open in the foreground or the background, only depending on the pref panel setting.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

laszlo wrote:
shimage wrote:
Stefan wrote:Well to BIND a hotkey is probably not interesting for most people no.
The 'swap the "new tab in foreground/background" behavior' however is definitly available...

that was already suggested to me in another thread. i've tried, and it doesn't work on either of my machines (win2k and winxp). i'm not sure why...

This never worked for me either. Shift doesn't reverse the behaviour here (NT4), new tabs either open in the foreground or the background, only depending on the pref panel setting.

Hmm, that could be a platform specific bug.
It sure works for me on Win98SE.

(For the record I have load in background as default at ctrl+shift+click opens it in the foreground)

If it's not working on the "NT"-family it need to be fixed.

This is btw with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021128 Phoenix/0.4 in case it's build dependant.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Stefan wrote:
laszlo wrote:
shimage wrote:

Hmm, that could be a platform specific bug.
It sure works for me on Win98SE.

(For the record I have load in background as default at ctrl+shift+click opens it in the foreground)

If it's not working on the "NT"-family it need to be fixed.

This is btw with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021128 Phoenix/0.4 in case it's build dependant.

wfm Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021129 Phoenix/0.4