Firefox browser - prevent copying of text on page

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Blue_Drache

Post by Blue_Drache »

If I want a picture from a website that has "disabled right click" well then, what's to prevent me from maximizing the browser and using the ALT+PRINT SCREEN to put the window in the clipboard and then paste it into some Paint Shop window for editing?

There's ways and then there's ways.
Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...
The Blue Drache
At home & work: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

GingerbreadMan wrote:Mozilla doesn't block them, it can turn them off. So can IE, and presumably every other browser. This can be prevented by preventing the page from loading if JavaScript is disabled. But as it has been pointed out above, there are ways around that too, if people really want to copy the text.

Pardon me for not using the exact and proper word/phrase. I guess no one, especially you had no clue what I was refering to.
I could try to give a sorry excuse - that this is not my native language, that I am dyslectic - but oh no, I will not do that.

(and yeah I know I should lighten up - but I can not be any more lighter, and yes I know that I am old and grumpy.)
Gingerbread_Man

Post by Gingerbread_Man »

I'm sorry if my clarification got on your nerves. My intention was to point out that Firefox isn't the only browser that can disable JavaScript.
There are people on these forums asking how to change their home page. So yes, I do believe they wouldn't know by "block" you meant "disable."
Gingerbread Man's posts, 2004-10-06 through 2005-08-12.
Ardiva

Post by Ardiva »

If you want to protect as much of your website as you can, I recommend using "HTML-Protector".
http://www.html-protector.com. The price is pretty good. :)