All I want for X-mas ...

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
bananafish

All I want for X-mas ...

Post by bananafish »

Greetings,

Well, I've managed to get .5 using vi style hjkl scrolling, a big usability plus for me. Now there are just a couple things I really, really want and I can remove galeon and all of its disk hogging gnome crap. Here they are, and if these are already possible please enlighten my ignorant mind!

Alt+n switching to tabs. Or whatever you use for Alt. i.e. pressing Alt+1 will take me to the first tab, Alt+2 the second, etc.

How can I make Ctrl-Q quit? I would think you could set this somewhere but I can't find it.

Are either of these currently possible, maybe with extensions?

Thanks, great browser!
alanjstr

Re: All I want for X-mas ...

Post by alanjstr »

bananafish wrote:Greetings,

Well, I've managed to get .5 using vi style hjkl scrolling, a big usability plus for me. Now there are just a couple things I really, really want and I can remove galeon and all of its disk hogging gnome crap. Here they are, and if these are already possible please enlighten my ignorant mind!

Alt+n switching to tabs. Or whatever you use for Alt. i.e. pressing Alt+1 will take me to the first tab, Alt+2 the second, etc.

How can I make Ctrl-Q quit? I would think you could set this somewhere but I can't find it.

Are either of these currently possible, maybe with extensions?

Thanks, great browser!

CTRL+n to go to tabs 1-9. CTRL+0 resizes the font to 100%.
CTRL+SHIFT+W quits.

I suppose someone could write an extension to do key-bindings. I don't know how tightly that is embedded into the code itself.
bananafish

Post by bananafish »

alanjstr wrote:CTRL+n to go to tabs 1-9. CTRL+0 resizes the font to 100%.
CTRL+SHIFT+W quits.

I suppose someone could write an extension to do key-bindings. I don't know how tightly that is embedded into the code itself.

Ahh thank you. These will suffice for now. My Ctrl and Alt are so close together it'll just be a matter of training my fingers (though I really dont like ctrl+shift+w, I suppose I'll manage).

And to think, it's not even X-mas yet ...

Thanks!
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

bananafish wrote:
alanjstr wrote:CTRL+n to go to tabs 1-9. CTRL+0 resizes the font to 100%.
CTRL+SHIFT+W quits.

Ahh thank you. These will suffice for now. My Ctrl and Alt are so close together it'll just be a matter of training my fingers (though I really dont like ctrl+shift+w, I suppose I'll manage).

And to think, it's not even X-mas yet ...

Thanks!

CTRL+w will close them one tab at a time.
http://texturizer.net/phoenix/keyboard.html
cdn

Post by cdn »

Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Also, you can find more shortcuts here

http://texturizer.net/phoenix/keyboard.html
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

If you still want the Ctrl+Q shortcut to quit, you can add the following line to the keyset with the id "mainKeyset" in /content/browser/browser.xul in the archive <phoenix dir>/chrome/browser.jar:

<key key="q" modifiers="accel" oncommand="goQuitApplication();"/>