Keyboard navigation and Bookmark importation

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
lizzibabe

Keyboard navigation and Bookmark importation

Post by lizzibabe »

I'm very interested in added keyboard navigation features that are similar to Opera's. Will you please add a Back function using the Backspace button? I tried Opera's mouse gestures but they didn't work for me. I find I can maneuver about the page faster using the cursor buttons and the backspace key with my left hand and the mouse with my right hand.

Would you also please add a feature that will import Opera bookmark.adr files? Having to completely recreate my bookmark file is very intimidating.

Thanks
Fuhrerin of the Institute of Going Mad in Helsinki
flii

Post by flii »

backspace to go back a page works for me, .5 release. i tested it both with the keyboard button and my middle mouse button (which has been [backspace] for years, and i use every day)
kosmo

Post by kosmo »

Hi,

lizzibabe said:
----------
Would you also please add a feature that will import Opera bookmark.adr files? Having to completely recreate my bookmark file is very intimidating.

Fuhrerin, while you're waiting you might try BookmarkPriest:
http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csab3666

It will make a copy of your Opera6.adr file and convert it to the Netscape format in about 10 seconds. Rename this copy "bookmarks.html" and move it to your Phoenix Preferences folder (back up your existing bookmarks.html first ?) Works amazingly well.

kosmo
---------------------------
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
---------------------------