Form Manager: Add delete option in the popup window

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Jake30

Form Manager: Add delete option in the popup window

Post by Jake30 »

On this very forum, my prefered username was already taken, and was rejected as "already used, try again". So i switched to a different username. Now i keep getting a "select username to use on this form" popup with the old rejected name, and the name that was accepted. <b>It sure would be nice to right click the wrong option and select delete. </b>
<br>
Also, Is there anything i can do about it, barring the inclusion of this feature.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm sooooooooo loving phoenix!

Jake
flii

Post by flii »

well, if you haven't customized a ton of phoenix features already and know how to rearange the ones you have back in order, i'd delete your profile folder. do this while phoenix is closed, of course, and once you delete it, restart phoenix. you'll have to enter in your passwords and stuff again, but you won't have that previous name.

however, this idea isn't the best possible solution, i'm sure. :) if you don't mind deleting your profile folder, though, it should work. sorry i don't know a better way off the top of my head.
Jake30

lol

Post by Jake30 »

Well, yes, i actually do mind wiping out my preference for the 3rd or fourth time this week :) . It's actually a feature request. I'm sure i'm not the first, i'm sure i'm not the last. And i'm sure that blowing out my entire profile isn't indicative of the shear elegance of the phoenix browser :)
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

I think the upcoming Satchel (search for it here) will allow this sort of thing. Just wait.
old Neil Parks

Deleting profile is NOT required!

Post by old Neil Parks »

Flii wrote:well, if you haven't customized a ton of phoenix features already and know how to rearange the ones you have back in order, i'd delete your profile folder. do this while phoenix is closed, of course, and once you delete it, restart phoenix. you'll have to enter in your passwords and stuff again, but you won't have that previous name.

however, this idea isn't the best possible solution, i'm sure. :) if you don't mind deleting your profile folder, though, it should work. sorry i don't know a better way off the top of my head.

Fortunately, such a radical solution is NOT required. All passwords are stored in the profile dir in files that end with ".S". Find the one that contains the unwanted login ID, and just edit or del that file.

You can use a plain text editor (e.g. EDIT) to remove the lines pertaining to a given site. Each site is neatly sandwiched between marker lines that contain only a period.

If the file is damaged during the edit and you don't have a backup, then delete it. The worst that happens is you'll lose other logins that were stored there, but at least you won't lose all the other preferences in the profile.
Jake30

Post by Jake30 »

Whoooo-hooooooo!!!! All fixed! Thanks!

Plain text configuration files? That's so crazy, it just might work...