"Inspect Element (Q)"???

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
patrickjdempsey

Re: "Inspect Element (Q)"???

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Just less clutter in your menus. These are not "running" in the background.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
flaneurb

Post by flaneurb »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Just less clutter in your menus. These are not "running" in the background.

Thanks! Then I'll let them be.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

Yeah, they made sure that there shouldn't be a memory/cpu impact from the devtools if you don't use them before they were allowed to make it into the release.
AntiObama

Post by AntiObama »

I notice a lot of comments about chrome on this subject.
I use two versions of Linux.
I use CentOS X for servers.
I use Fedora 17 for laptops.
I see the "Inspect element Q" in Firefox in both systems if it matters.
Gotta go. Old and sleepy.

[-o<
JimLL

Post by JimLL »

Patrick, I saw your comment that more is being added. That's bad enough, but I really hate when they yank out tried and true older features to make room for the cat, dog, sink, and deputy sheriff.
Thanks a million
JimLL
ThinkPad T520, A2/Emsisoft AntiMalware, ZA firewall free
chixin

Post by chixin »

double right click the page your at and a messege box will show you that option saying Inspect Element (Q) , usually inspect element is just inspect element but now it will have that extra (Q) letter ,,,,,, when I think about it It makes me laugh just because I feel that its so " TRANSFORMERS" I am not good with computers but my friends are so I end up being a loser here.... anyway,,,this is how i see it....

I have encountered this inspect element (Q)... I was able to save a file that says conduitOK opened in wordpad without internet access. once an online connection is made an automatic update creates a page of the browser that your using. Try to check that same file now and it will show you a filename "movie list" try to open it again and the filename changes to "abc" everytime this file is opened it morphs and the morphing stops when the file folder is now under the filename "end". I did not create the filenames it just showed up as that. To remove it try to install your operating system again. I too am troubled with this because once i save a file in my memory card it doesn't show its content but will only show if i use a lower version of the operating system that I was using at that time....
Would it be possible that someone can access your data virtually once you have that ie(q) in your computer? (EXAMPLEOCQ)
maybe this will help:
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.p ... pic=126577
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for your report but you've replied to a thread that's been dead for a year. It's unlikely that anyone is still watching this for answers.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.