"Bookmark This Tab" unfocused

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
cvydas

"Bookmark This Tab" unfocused

Post by cvydas »

will some create a simple addon for this please(probably not). i am along time user of FF and i am aware of all the other ways of bookmarking and none of them work any better and speed up my workflow like having this unique feature that i still dearly miss since FF3. i usually have between 80 to 300 tabs open at any one given time and Bartab has made this manageble in terms of memory consumption, as a result "Bookmark This Tab" is sorely needed feature when "Bookmark All Tabs" just wouldnt be appropriate and focusing the page and then starring it and or right clicking and "Bookmark This Page" actions take considerable more time and effort for a task that really shouldnt be that invovled.

i understand and i have read all the many arguments why its gone now, but i do not agree with most of what i read in regards to that. i still find myself needing to do just that even after all this time has passed. ](*,)
dfoulkes

Re: "Bookmark This Tab" unfocused

Post by dfoulkes »

'If' I'm reading this right... you have say 30 tabs open... you have a tab that you want to bookmark but you are on a diff. tab and all you want to do is bookmark that unfocused tab? ... if that is the case... and this extension may be more than you want for that one task... Tab Mix Plus has one of its right-click context display options when a user does that on any tab... and I just tried it and it worked (I don't normally need it)
Tab Mix Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox
If you want to test it out I'd suggest that you create a test profile and install it in there first.

Also... there are many Tab related extensions on AMO and I'd be surprised if there wasn't something close to what you seek.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!