Suggestion for Bookmaks . . .

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
NTLS

Suggestion for Bookmaks . . .

Post by NTLS »

Greetings from the GREAT Country of TEXAS,

Has been awhile since last here. Now have a suggestion for bookmarks:

Instead of having scattered bookmarks for the same webpage, Home Page, Download software, UPDATES, HELP, et ceteras . .

Why not have the ability to have selectable colors for different areas of the same website. Then that pattern can be used for all sites and maybe a separator for SPECIAL whatever needed ID.

Example: FireFox (bookmark); Green-download latest version; Red-Forums for issues; (not going into all/most links) | A horizontal bar separating the above for just curious informational or more frequent use, then the user can sort/prioritize for the top listing, middle, and lower usage. NOT just those specific colors but choose-able, the user''s choice.
NTLS aka 'd' - "Lone Wanderer" Win7 Pro SP1 x64 Auto Updates FireFox v48.x
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
LoudNoise

Re: Suggestion for Bookmaks . . .

Post by LoudNoise »

This might do what you want: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... s-toolbar/ If not, there are tons of bookmark extensions. I would be surprised if you couldn't find one that does what you want.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
lovemyfoxy

Re: Suggestion for Bookmaks . . .

Post by lovemyfoxy »

NTLS wrote:
Why not have the ability to have selectable colors for different areas of the same website. Then that pattern can be used for all sites and maybe a separator for SPECIAL whatever needed ID.

A--you won't find matching patterns on many websites.
B--Most websites have the same icon for all their pages. Where they don't, for the websites I use the most, I use Favicon Changer, assigning the same favicon to each website, (if FF lets me.) That makes them easy to spot in my very complex system of folders, subfolders and sub-sub-folders. If you can't get colored names through another extension, you can make a series of your own icons in an outside program (I use Microangelo,) with 16x16 px colored circles or colored squares, and assign those as you wish.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network