FIDO U2F Authentication Support

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
ttreker

FIDO U2F Authentication Support

Post by ttreker »

Not sure why this isn't being discuss at all in this forum (my search didn't turn it up. I only found it in a bug list. It seems to me that this is a no-brainer even if there aren't huge discussions. This is a standard that makes for ease of use in 2 factor authentication that robustly defends against phishing, key-logging, etc. and allows for protection of identity. It is hard to imagine that it is that difficult to implement, although I suspect It will need some thorough testing.

I am asking that U2F second factor authentication be integrated in this browser (and Iceweasal). It would be a shame if Microsoft actually beat Mozilla to the punch on this robust open standard. :)

Thanks for your consideration.
JayhawksRock

Re: FIDO U2F Authentication Support

Post by JayhawksRock »

We are not Mozilla
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
Feedback to Mozilla is here > https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/firefoxdev/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln