Hover-activated links

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
UncleCharlie

Hover-activated links

Post by UncleCharlie »

I'm sure there is a technical name for links on webpages that trigger just by passing the mouse pointer over them. I don't know what it is, so I will refer to them as "hover-activated links."

I recently had an experience with a phony "security patch" site that I confirmed was a malicious hover-activated link. See the support forum, weird unprompted download "security patch"???? for particulars.

I was wondering if there might be a way to configure Firefox to disable such links. I can't see any legitimate purpose for them.

Thanks.
patrickjdempsey

Re: Hover-activated links

Post by patrickjdempsey »

UncleCharlie wrote:I was wondering if there might be a way to configure Firefox to disable such links. I can't see any legitimate purpose for them.
Then why would you believe there would be a "legitimate" way to disable them? It's not a Firefox feature, it's malware infected advertising as already covered in the thread you obviously didn't bother to read before posting in.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
therube

Re: Hover-activated links

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript