Whitelist for passwords to save?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
sourcaffeine

Whitelist for passwords to save?

Post by sourcaffeine »

I was hoping to find an add-on that could do what I am looking for, but I couldn't find one.

I want to be able to have a list of websites that firefox will save the passwords for. Everything not on that list, firefox will not save the password for. Pretty much exactly the opposite of what firefox will do with the built-in password manager.

Is there currently an add-on that can do this, or is there is a known way to accomplish it?
the-edmeister

Re: Whitelist for passwords to save?

Post by the-edmeister »

I have never even looked for an add-on for Passwords, so I can't help you with finding an add-on with that feature.

What you're asking for is almost the opposite of how the (Password) Logins Manager works.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pa ... and-import
"Password" was changed to Logins in Firefox 43 when the 'new' Logins Manager was introduced with a few new features.

You can set Exceptions for websites where passwords are never to be saved.
"Never Remember Password for This Site"

Another feature which can be used, is to disable the Logins Manager by un-checking Remember Logins in the Security tab in Options.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
sourcaffeine

Post by sourcaffeine »

the-edmeister wrote:I have never even looked for an add-on for Passwords, so I can't help you with finding an add-on with that feature.

What you're asking for is almost the opposite of how the (Password) Logins Manager works.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pa ... and-import
"Password" was changed to Logins in Firefox 43 when the 'new' Logins Manager was introduced with a few new features.

You can set Exceptions for websites where passwords are never to be saved.
"Never Remember Password for This Site"

Another feature which can be used, is to disable the Logins Manager by un-checking Remember Logins in the Security tab in Options.

Yes I said the same thing in my original post.

This is in a corporate setting. Only a few websites should have their logins saved. The reason is an entire spectrum of services we use have a shared login between hundreds of users. These services and their URLs change somewhat frequently. Updating to not save a password on a hundred pages, and update over a couple hundred computers is a pain.

The only other option is to not save passwords for any website, which is okay, but makes it more annoying for users who have to login to their individual accounts just to work everyday.
sourcaffeine

Post by sourcaffeine »

Anyone?