'Bookmark this Page' still showing expanded folders?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Sir Rufus wrote:you have to go to Manage Bookmarks and rename it, which makes the whole process pretty cumbersome. Unless Stefan knows a better way (please)?

Well you are supposed to be able to rightclick any bookmark and get a contextmenu where you can eg change the name.
However this is currently mostly broken in Phoenix (you can do it with the icons that lie directly on the bookmark-bar, but not the otherones).
I'm sure it will be fixed eventually, but I don't think it's very high on the list currently (lots of cutting and adding still going on, eg most of the preference UI is in pieces currently also).
Sir Rufus

Post by Sir Rufus »

Stefan wrote:Well you are supposed to be able to rightclick any bookmark and get a contextmenu where you can eg change the name.
However this is currently mostly broken in Phoenix .

I did try that, but as you point out, doesn't work. Even if it did, it still makes it a 2-step process. I'm with CK42, they should just copy the best features of IE's Add to Favorites and call it good. And retain the drag-and-drop feature. It's pretty nifty, especially for adding temporary sites to the bookmarks toolbar.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Sir Rufus wrote:it still makes it a 2-step process. I'm with CK42, they should just copy the best features of IE's Add to Favorites and call it good.

Anyway, as you are currently supposed to nuke your profile with each new build bookmarks beeing messy doesn't matter too much, since you won't have time to collect too many ;)

Seriously though, I assume they will fix all folders beeing open at about the same time as the rest of the bookmarkbugs are fixed. I'm sure they are not intended to be like that.