How can I remove items from right-click context menu?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

I forgot to mention the "properties" extension. I see what you're saying now, but I mentioned in one of that post that I after putting the /* in front of it to enable it (and leaving it as-is with no comma), rendered the entire css file useless, everything defaulted back to the default css file! So I need to find out why that option can't be set to enabled. (What I'm looking for is a right click any empty or blank area of a webpage and "Properties", so I assume that's what it's for). ?
God Bless,
-Clint
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

Here's another one that doesn't work. Under the "WEB PAGE" area of the css file, enabling #context-sendpage, /* "Send Page..." */ does nothing. Still doesn't show in the right click menu.
God Bless,
-Clint
mai9

Post by mai9 »

Clint1 wrote:Here's another one that doesn't work. Under the "WEB PAGE" area of the css file, enabling #context-sendpage, /* "Send Page..." */ does nothing. Still doesn't show in the right click menu.

what this code does

Code: Select all

#context-sendpage, /* "Send Page..." */
is *remove* the item, not show it. :P

maybe you won't have thos many problems with this extension:
http://menueditor.mozdev.org/
mai9

Post by mai9 »

Clint1 wrote:
mai9 wrote:
Clint1 wrote:Does anyone know where I can see a FULL list of items in the css file? I'm wondering if that css file on page 1 left anything out, and I want to be able to see ALL available options.

you want a list of everything that can be put in userchrome.css? that's not possible. what you put there is code, there's no closed list of code.

btw, in my signature link there's some code to put in those files.

Sure, why is that impossible? I'm sure the css files I've seen have left out some things, so what I'm looking for is a list of everything that can be possibly placed in it. I'll check out your links, thanks. :)

it's like asking for a list of sentences in english. it can't be done :P
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

Or Spanish one might say. ;) I see what you're saying, there's too many of them. But there still has to be list somewhere of more options we can have access to. This is what I'm asking.
Last edited by Clint1 on October 17th, 2004, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless,
-Clint
onemen

Post by onemen »

I have some questions
1. How to Add menuitem to the page context menu
2. How to Move an existing menu item to a new sub menu
3. How to change the label of a menu item
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

onemen wrote:I have some questions
1. How to Add menuitem to the page context menu
2. How to Move an existing menu item to a new sub menu
3. How to change the label of a menu item

This particular thread will answer #1. I don't know about 2 & 3 since I'm new to this.
God Bless,
-Clint
mai9

Post by mai9 »

no no no. This particular thread will answer how to *remove* menuitems, not how to add them.

1, 2 and 3 involve some coding.

You can ask the developer of Menu Editor if he wants to add this features.
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

mai9 wrote:no no no. This particular thread will answer how to *remove* menuitems, not how to add them.

1, 2 and 3 involve some coding.

You can ask the developer of Menu Editor if he wants to add this features.

I took that to believe they were asking how to add menu items. I used the info on page 1 of this thread to add (enable) and remove menu items with the /* , so that's why I said that about #1. :)
God Bless,
-Clint
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

I narrowed my problems down to this css file on page 1 of this thread! I installed .9.3 on my main PC, then installed the ChromeEdit extension, then put the css on page 1 in it. Now, I no longer have the right click and "Properties" for images! :furious: I ask again, can someone please tell me why is this happening? :omg: There is nothing in that css file regarding "properties" for images! :omg: Yet, when I install it, the context item is missing! I mentioned a few times here that something is wrong with a specific area of that css file under "EXTRA" and #context-metadata /* "Properties" */ , in that every time you add the /* in front of it to enable it, it screws up the entire file! I'm guessing that since it is not enabled is why I'm missing the right click and "properties" for images. Yet, you can enable it! I'd appreciate it if someone can clear that up. ;)

Also, I don't have a right click and "select all" anymore for a webpage on this version. Can someone please tell me if 1.0PR is the only version to have this, and if not, how can I add it to .9.3?
Thanks.
God Bless,
-Clint
mai9

Post by mai9 »

Clint1 wrote:I narrowed my problems down to this css file on page 1 of this thread! I installed .9.3 on my main PC, then installed the ChromeEdit extension, then put the css on page 1 in it. Now, I no longer have the right click and "Properties" for images! :furious: I ask again, can someone please tell me why is this happening? :omg: There is nothing in that css file regarding "properties" for images! :omg: Yet, when I install it, the context item is missing! I mentioned a few times here that something is wrong with a specific area of that css file under "EXTRA" and #context-metadata /* "Properties" */ , in that every time you add the /* in front of it to enable it, it screws up the entire file! I'm guessing that since it is not enabled is why I'm missing the right click and "properties" for images. Yet, you can enable it! I'd appreciate it if someone can clear that up. ;)

I guess you didn't understand my first answer :P

Second try 0X

#context-sep-properties, /* Separator Above Properties Items */
/* #context-viewsource, /* "View Page Source" */
#context-viewinfo /* "View Page Info" */
/* #context-metadata /* "Properties" */
{ display: none; !important; }

#context-viewinfo, /* "View Page Info" */
#context-metadata /* "Properties" */

The first one will show properties, the second won't. Notice the lack of comma in viewinfo.

I hope it's clear now :P
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

mai9 wrote:
Clint1 wrote:Here's another one that doesn't work. Under the "WEB PAGE" area of the css file, enabling #context-sendpage, /* "Send Page..." */ does nothing. Still doesn't show in the right click menu.

what this code does

#context-sendpage, /* "Send Page..." */
is *remove* the item, not show it. :P

maybe you won't have thos many problems with this extension:
http://menueditor.mozdev.org/

Not necessarily. It also adds it does it not, by adding the /* in front of it? It says at the top of the css example ....To show item place /* in front of it .... . So, my question has been, why doesn't' that work for the Properties area I've been asking about? This is what's confusing to me. I'll try the link, thanks.
God Bless,
-Clint
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

mai9 wrote:
Clint1 wrote:I narrowed my problems down to this css file on page 1 of this thread! I installed .9.3 on my main PC, then installed the ChromeEdit extension, then put the css on page 1 in it. Now, I no longer have the right click and "Properties" for images! :furious: I ask again, can someone please tell me why is this happening? :omg: There is nothing in that css file regarding "properties" for images! :omg: Yet, when I install it, the context item is missing! I mentioned a few times here that something is wrong with a specific area of that css file under "EXTRA" and #context-metadata /* "Properties" */ , in that every time you add the /* in front of it to enable it, it screws up the entire file! I'm guessing that since it is not enabled is why I'm missing the right click and "properties" for images. Yet, you can enable it! I'd appreciate it if someone can clear that up. ;)

I guess you didn't understand my first answer :P

Second try 0X

#context-viewinfo /* "View Page Info" */
/* #context-metadata /* "Properties" */

#context-viewinfo, /* "View Page Info" */
#context-metadata /* "Properties" */

The first one will show properties, the second won't. Notice the lack of comma in viewinfo.

I hope it's clear now :P

("viewinfo" DOES have a comma, I think you mean "Properties"?) What you're SAYING is clear about the Properties, but what I've been trying to tell you is that it can't be done. I'll try to explain it again....your first example (which is exactly what I've been trying) does not work. Enabling/showing "Properties" by commenting/prefixing it with a /* wipes out the entire css file setting everything back to default. Have you tried it? It does this on 1.0PR, and I just installed .9.3 on my main PC yesterday and it also happens on it.

I did however find a way to fix the problem and that was by completely removing the entire line, AND the line below it { display: none; !important; } also had to be removed. Now, even with the userChrome file installed, I still have a right click and "properties" for images.

That plugin you mentioned "menueditor" looks awesome. One problem with it....and that is I can't see the menu items! They make the damn program too narrow and I can't read what's in the list of options! No way to scroll it either! For example, I see lines of:
Open link in new....
Open link in new....
Separator (pa....
Separator (fr....
Separator (se....
Throughout the list! I guess you just have to do the trial and error routine to show/hide what you want.
God Bless,
-Clint
Clint1

Post by Clint1 »

Can someone tell me please how to remove the "Print" and "Print preview" from every right click context menu? I didn't have them before and now I have them! I saw on a previous page to add #context-printpage to userChrome but that doesn't work. I tried it in several places and all it did was (get this) re-add "Open window in new tab"!! Or, it did nothing. These entries are not in the options are for the "Menu Edit" extension so it can't remove them. I have NO IDEA how these could have been added since I have added any extension that could have done this (But evidently I did).
Thanks.
God Bless,
-Clint
mai9

Post by mai9 »

Clint1 wrote:("viewinfo" DOES have a comma, I think you mean "Properties"?) What you're SAYING is clear about the Properties, but what I've been trying to tell you is that it can't be done. I'll try to explain it again....

I know it has a comma, and I told you many times that the last item before "{ display: none; !important; }" shouldn't have a comma. So, if you comment properties, then viewinfo becomes the last one, and then it SHOULDN'T have a comma.

If you don't understand this (I've been explaining the same in various ways) I give up. Read again and again until you understand. :P