Is there a way to login, password for one site only?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
maia

Is there a way to login, password for one site only?

Post by maia »

Hi, I don't want constant 'would you like to save this password?' popups and i either stay logged in using cookies (self-destructing cookies addon settings) or i log in manually, depending on website. I have one problem: the UK autism forum won't 'remember' me despite saving their cookies, i use it constantly and can never remember my login (it was abnormal because i had a lot of problems getting it to accept a password and won't let me reset it), so it's a nightmare trying to sign in each time. It won't autocomplete, which i dislike anyway. Is there a way to reverse Password Manager's normal behaviour: instead of constantly telling it 'no', pull it up for sites whose logins you'd like it to remember? Or an addon to do this? (Couldn't find one.) It's just this site, which i need a lot.. thanks:)
dfoulkes

Re: Is there a way to login, password for one site only?

Post by dfoulkes »

1st ... it would be good to post the link to that autism site... others can see what type of security controls it presents... they don't need to login but just to look at the site...

2nd... you can turn off Firefox saving passwords (and that prompt) in Options Security/Logins ... un-check the box.

3rd ... You might want to review this extension...
Secure Login :: Add-ons for Firefox

4th ... and this extension may help you to then force some ligin(s) into Firefox...
Saved Password Editor :: Add-ons for Firefox

Just post back if any of the above does not help you.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
maia

Post by maia »

Hi, thanks! The saved password editor works fine.
https://www.autism.org.uk/registration/login.aspx
the forums
http://community.autism.org.uk/discussions
are really lively, which makes a change for British and mental-illness (type) forums, recommended.
thanks a lot, maia
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!