Please relocate security warning, FF 52.0

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
LesF

Please relocate security warning, FF 52.0

Post by LesF »

Could you please relocate the warning that appears when you try to log on to an insecure web page? The warning appears directly on top of the user name or password box, and it's a PITA to have to click to remove it. Jjust put it off to the side of these boxes. Thanks.
JayhawksRock

Re: Please relocate security warning, FF 52.0

Post by JayhawksRock »

FYI.... It would be rare to find Anyone from Mozilla on this independant Forum...
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
You might want to post here > https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Firefox/ct-p/Firefox
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
LesF

Post by LesF »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have posted this to the support forum.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you try to press the ESC key key to close it?
LesF

Post by LesF »

dickvl, that wasn't an issue. I knew how to close it. It was just annoying, and I was suggesting that the warning be moved to a position that wouldn't block the log-in fields.
However, a response from the other forum gave me the solution. In the about:config file, change the "security.insecure_field_warning.contextual.enabled" from true to false.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Brilliant!
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Just added info about that setting.... that issue has been around here for a long time... a search of the Support section for that setting came up with a ton of posts... just saying...

Sample...
This connection is not secure ?? • mozillaZine Forums
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I started getting the messages about my logins only a few days ago. The one about entire websites not being secure have been around longer.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network