FYI--FF will notify you of breaches

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
lovemyfoxy

FYI--FF will notify you of breaches

Post by lovemyfoxy »

FYI--
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... ta-breach/

Don't know which version yet.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
therube

Re: FYI--FF will notify you of breaches

Post by therube »

And for $19.95 I'll monitor your credit report & if you do get hacked, I'll spend up to $1,000,000 to get you right!

So we have "safe browsing".
And we have cookies & storage & ... & telemetry out the gazoo...

We have warnings that http: websites are not secure.
DUH.
Like aren't people supposed to be able to make some decisions for themselves, to do little bit of thinking for themselves.

And every day, multiple times a day, we have yet another security breach on another website, & I need yet another wonderful "thing" added into my browser to notify me that, "oh, the site you're visiting has been hacked". (ooouuww, scary.)

So we need another "feel good" feature built into FF?
Isn't this the type of pandering that antivirus companies do?

What ever happened to making FF lean & mean.
Hasn't FF pulled out all kinds of actually useful features & told users, "oh go find an extension that does the same thing" (IOW, stick it!).

Why not have an extension that does this, that looks up from (some list of hacked sites) & if you visit one, you're notified.
(Oh, let me guess, that's something a webextension wouldn't be able to do, so in order to do that, you've got to actually incorporate it into FF.)

And that said, maybe something like that could potentially
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

But that’s not all! Order now and we’ll include a Jacuzzi tub and a 72-inch, flat-screen television, absolutely free! Operators are standing by.

But wait! Order now and we'll send 2 EXTENSIONS? THAT'S 2 EXTENSIONS!
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

therube wrote:Like aren't people supposed to be able to make some decisions for themselves, to do little bit of thinking for themselves.
That's the last thing a Cult wants, all they really care about is control and cash.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

If the worship of Firefox becoming a cult?
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

What it might do is make companies more responsible for breaches on their site. Right now, "I'm sorry" is an acceptable follow-up to releasing the Social Security numbers of 1,000,000,000 users.

But it should be hard-wired into EVERY browser, not an optional extension. Dream on...
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

nice service but this is dependent of some user input - and that far it may be too late.
precognitian would be nice ^^ therefore i use ublock with some more current lists.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

You block the entire site?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i block complete tld if necessary (and there are). i am running uBlock i a different way than other users.

but i think that is not matter
haveibeenpwned.com
is not new for me and although some (2) very old forums are concerned i dont care about that old breaches decades ago.
at first i dont know the forums - no name given - on the other side the 12++ token strong password is unique.
passwords are changing regularly, some more often than others. thats the rule.

concerning hacked sites in most cases the content is no longer delivered from the usual source which is allowed here - content is filtered in many ways.
most sites listed on haveibeenpwned i dont know, usa servers.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

"i block complete tld if necessary (and there are)."

What does that mean? tld?
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

tld = > Top-level domain
A top-level domain is one of the domains at the highest level in the hierarchical Domain Name System of the Internet. The top-level domain names are installed in the root zone of the name space.
https://encrypted.google.com/search?sou ... ypMCZyh-aE
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

So if you block "com" it blocks all sites that are "com?"