Changed scrollbar behaviour? (Linux) - SOLVED

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
j4nd3r53n

Changed scrollbar behaviour? (Linux) - SOLVED

Post by j4nd3r53n »

I have upgraded my Debian recently and the Firefox that came with it is now Firefox ESR 52.7.2 (64-bit), and I have noticed a changed (and very annoying) change. What I am used to from all the other applications on my desktop (KDE), is that the scrollbar scrolls 1 line (or equivalent) when you click on one of the small arrows at each end, and it scrolls about 1 page when you click on the long area ouside the slider on the scollbar. However, it seem to have changed radically in Firefox, and it is very noticeable if the page is long: it seems the length of the scrollbar is now mapped to the entire length of the page, so if I click, say, 80% down the scrollbar, it jumps to a position 80% down the page. Some may find this useful - I don't. Is there a way to get rid of this 'feature'? I realise that I can right-click to get the older behaviour, but IMO, when you introduce a radical radical change like this, which also deviates from what all other applications do, then it should not replace the existing default behaviour, but supplement it - ie in this case it ought to have been bound to the right click.

However, is there a way to get rid of this, so I can have the old behaviour back? Or should I revert to an older version of Firefox - this new one also seems oddly slow.
Last edited by j4nd3r53n on March 27th, 2018, 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
flaneurb

Re: Changed scrollbar behaviour? (Linux)

Post by flaneurb »

Try ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

Code: Select all

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=0
If you already have settings.ini with other entries, just add gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=0
to the end.
j4nd3r53n

Re: Changed scrollbar behaviour? (Linux)

Post by j4nd3r53n »

GTK, eh? But it worked - thanks!