google ad settings plug-in needed?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
fbu924

google ad settings plug-in needed?

Post by fbu924 »

Hello: google search engine today left a msg about modifying its "ad personalization," to opt-in or out of that "feature." It also gives a link to download a plug-in, which, duh, doesn't work (https://support.google.com/ads/bin/answer/7395996?hl=en), to do the same thing. Of course I want as little "spying" as possible & already have a heap of extensions (the usual suspects) blocking. The only plugins installed are Cisco's H264 & google's widevine. Do I need a plug-in to further (guarantee) block? If yes, which? Add-ons search on "block google add" pulled up 552 hits. (this mac: FF 61 dev build, w10, all irrelevant to this post.) Thank you.
Paul L
therube

Re: google ad settings plug-in needed?

Post by therube »

That "plugin" (extension, actually) is well dated (circa 2014) & won't even install into (any remotely) current FF, much less FF Quantum, so is of no value.

You'll have to find other ways to protect yourself against the all-mighty, g ;-):.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

AdwCleaner AdwCleaner Download
Insert [Report] here, then [Cleanup]
fbu924

Post by fbu924 »

Thanks to all. I'm not going to add another protection extension, I think this w10 mac is protected enuf.
-Admin: you may wish to call this resolved, AFAIK. I'm going off the notification track for it. Thanks.
Paul L