Add "Automatically hide the taskbar" for the UI

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Itami

Add "Automatically hide the taskbar" for the UI

Post by Itami »

Hello, I'm a concept designer and I keep looking for 1 wonderful feature windows has: "Automatically hide the taskbar"

Which automatically hides all navigation UI elements when they are not needed.
This feature is drastically improving esthetics, design and in turn overall user experience by freeing up monitor space to cleanly display what matters when it matters.

Tablets and Phones have this by default and customization and clean designs are on the rise basically everywhere.
So it's a absolute mystery to me, why on desktop I have to constantly have my browser UI (toolbars, search/ url bar, tab bar, ect) within my view?

Sure I can fullscreen (even if buggy), but then I cant navigate my PC anymore without manually tabbing out...
It just makes no sense not to have this...

Somehow every other desktop browser is sleeping on this as well.
So I would love to see Firefox, be the first to take a major design step in the right direction. Thanks!

I'm not really sure how to make the Firefox team reach this, so it would be wonderful if you could share/ re-post it in the correct place.

Thank You!
smsmith

Re: Add "Automatically hide the taskbar" for the UI

Post by smsmith »

Itami wrote:I'm not really sure how to make the Firefox team reach this, so it would be wonderful if you could share/ re-post it in the correct place.
Help -> Submit Feedback.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.