Vertical Separators (Customize)

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
CBA

Vertical Separators (Customize)

Post by CBA »

Just updated from 52.9.0 ESR to 68.11.0 ESR and the vertical separators are missing under Customize. Any chance to put them back by a hidden about:config setting or similar? (Not interested in complex Chrome stuffs that may break in the next update.)

If not, can someone with that kind of powers suggest to the developers that these little things are useful. Perhaps not pretty, but useful!

Thanks
CBA

Re: Vertical Separators (Customize)

Post by CBA »

Thanks for the Aris reference. I did look at that tweak (page) before posting, but decided it's to complicated/inflexible for my taste. However, Aris GitHub summary is indeed quite interesting: https://github.com/aris-t2/customcssforfx

I think vertical separators should be part of Customize also for recent builds, but I'm getting used to a UI without. The separators are still available in the Bookmarks Toolbar, so I have arranged my stuffs on that toolbar accordingly. Upshot: I won't lose sleep about this one!

PS: the 68.11.0 ESR 64-bit is substantially faster than the old 32-bit 52.9.0 version. That by itself justifies the update!