Wasn't 'Session Manager' standard in FF?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
videobruce

Wasn't 'Session Manager' standard in FF?

Post by videobruce »

I've been running FF v56 for some time now after switching over from Opera Classic v12.18 which didn't make me happy since Opera Classic's GUI was close to 100% as my previous browser was and still is. It had more USEFULL features w/o all the gimmicks & crap that the current bag of crap selections are (not just FF).

Wasn't Session Manager included, not a extension with the older versions of FF? :-k Or was it part of an extension?
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
DanRaisch

Re: Wasen't 'Session Manager' standard in FF?

Post by DanRaisch »

If you mean a Session Manager that allowed you to pick from more than one saved session, that was an extension.
videobruce

Re: Wasn't 'Session Manager' standard in FF?

Post by videobruce »

Then it must be a part of another extension since of the extensions I have, none are names 'Session Manager'. It appeared to be just another 'feature' that these post teenagers that are running Mozilla into the ground decided to remove or make drastic changes to like everything else. :roll:

Thanks Dan.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
James

Post by James »

Resorting to unfounded theories I see.

Look this is how sessions in Firefox has pretty much worked in Firefox for a Long time https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... us-session

Extensions like the various related session manager ones have been around for a long time and were made by authors to have more features in Fx as Fx never had a feature to pick from more than one saved session as said.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

I believe I stated "Session Manager" NOT just "Restore Session".

No "unfounded theories" there. :roll:

And yes, it's under Tab Mix Plus which I didn't realize since it has it's own entry under Tools.
James

Post by James »

So you were wrong in your claim that "It appeared to be just another 'feature' that these post teenagers that are running Mozilla into the ground decided to remove or make drastic changes to like everything else" as the session manger you are seeing was due to the Tab Mix Plus extension as some Tab related extensions have added session related features over the years.

The sumo article shows what session features Firefox has which has been much the same since Firefox 2.0 released back on October 24, 2006.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

No not wrong, the statement was a across the board regarding them removing features and replacing them with 'gimmicks'.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

videobruce wrote:No not wrong
Have you ever actually thought you were wrong?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)