Ver 86 - Total Cookie Protection?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
markg2

Ver 86 - Total Cookie Protection?

Post by markg2 »

The following excerpt from Mozilla:
"Today we are pleased to announce Total Cookie Protection, a major privacy advance in Firefox built into ETP Strict Mode. Total Cookie Protection..."

But the words 'Total Cookie Protection' are not present Options/Privacy/Total Cookie Protection/Strict? And there's no reference to same under Cookies and Site Data.

I'll bite... is the TCP feature implicit once Strict is selected?

Mark
WaltS48

Re: Ver 86 - Total Cookie Protection?

Post by WaltS48 »

State Partitioning is the technical term for a new privacy feature in Firefox called Total Cookie Protection, which will be available in ETP Strict Mode in Firefox 86.
REF: Introducing State Partitioning

Looks like if you enable Strict Mode it is enabled.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
markg2

Post by markg2 »

So if Partioning and denies entrance to a website and either you're prompted and grant access or you open Cookies and grant exception, that exception lasts for 30 day?
unbob

Post by unbob »

Re the new 'Total Cookie Protection' feature, the full description of the feature given here - https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2021/ ... rotection/ seems to imply that 'Container Tabs' are no longer needed or required. TCP replaces 'Container Tabs'. Correct? Or am I missing something?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

unbob wrote:Re the new 'Total Cookie Protection' feature, the full description of the feature given here - https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2021/ ... rotection/ seems to imply that 'Container Tabs' are no longer needed or required. TCP replaces 'Container Tabs'. Correct? Or am I missing something?
I use the Nightly version of Firefox and my container tabs still work, but I use the Standard ETP selection.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5