Sidebar persistence in PopUp windows

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
hiTCH-HiKER

Sidebar persistence in PopUp windows

Post by hiTCH-HiKER »

The sidebar persistence works now (nightly build), thats very cool!!!
But there should be an option, so that popup windows have the sidebar turned off.
Is it planned to implement this for 0.5?
hiTCH-HiKER

Post by hiTCH-HiKER »

please move this to the Phoenix Features, I overlooked that Mozilla is now included in this forum...
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

hiTCH-HiKER wrote:please move this to the Phoenix Features, I overlooked that Mozilla is now included in this forum...

Okay.
Alex
asa

Re: Sidebar persistence in PopUp windows

Post by asa »

hiTCH-HiKER wrote:The sidebar persistence works now (nightly build), thats very cool!!!
But there should be an option, so that popup windows have the sidebar turned off.
Is it planned to implement this for 0.5?

Why make it an option. I mean how often do you actually want the sidebar in a popup? Why not just do the smart thing and make sidebars not show up in popups?

--Asa
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Because you might well want to check on the progress of the downloads you've just started in the popup?

- Chris
hiTCH-HiKER

Post by hiTCH-HiKER »

I don't think that you can make it so smart that it can distinguish between pop-up adds and harmless windows that are just openend by a script... when using tabs it is sufficient to have the sidebar only in the first window...
JakeNL

Post by JakeNL »

My personal opion is that the side-bar should be off in pop-ups (I mean you already have the main window). Pop-ups are usually to small (so now I'm pressing CTRL-B all the time).

If you want to check the download, you can use the main window (IMHO).