Quitting Phoenix/Mozilla with downloads in progress

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Kevin

Quitting Phoenix/Mozilla with downloads in progress

Post by Kevin »

When you exit Phoenix or Mozilla and there are downloads in progress, there's no warning before quitting and the dowloads are lost. I'm wondering if the Phoenix developers would consider taking this on. It would definately contribute to the usability and polish of Phoenix.

<a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28385">Bug 28385</a> has been around for about a thousand years. I think it's pretty silly that it is still unresolved after many Mozilla releases.
Last edited by Kevin on November 8th, 2002, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
djst

Post by djst »

You mean when selecting File > Exit? If so, this is another reason to fix<a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=171892">bug 171892</a>.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Seconded. If individual progress boxes are hidden then you wouldn't even know you'd lost the downloads.

- Chris
old Neil Parks

Re: Quitting Phoenix/Mozilla with downloads in progress

Post by old Neil Parks »

Kevin wrote:When you exit Phoenix or Mozilla and there are downloads in progress, there's no warning before quitting and the dowloads are lost.

See the release notes for Mozilla 1.2-beta. It's listed as one of the "known problems".
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Removing the Exit/Quit menu item would be fine for Windows but the Mac OS X, KDE and Gnome interface guidelines require Quit to be there.
Kevin

Re: Quitting Phoenix/Mozilla with downloads in progress

Post by Kevin »

Neil Parks wrote:See the release notes for Mozilla 1.2-beta. It's listed as one of the "known problems".

I know it's known. It's been known for two and a half years!
:x