tabbed browsing - worst policy

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy »

Scarlettrunner20 wrote:I have to agree that single window mode is by far the most important reason I use Firebird. Tabbed browser ext. stopped saving the session when I close Firebird and I see no other reason to use Firebird except for what I can do with that ext. Trouble is that ext. has a lot of problems and doesn't work half the time. I should not have to install that ext. to get what is the most important thing in firebird. This is the only reason I switched from Mozilla as that ext. doesn't work properly in Mozilla. Other than single window mode, Mozilla is a far better browser and it has an email inlcuded. I don't want a separate email client. I was willing to put up with having to have Thunderbird instead of having email in the browser where it belongs if I could have single window mode.
BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy »

mikeymike wrote:
firebird is a *technology preview*.

Say "beta" for gawd's sake. It ["technology preview"] sounds too "happy happy joy joy", like you're trying to make people think it has no bugs in. The kind of thing MS would say.
mikeymike

Post by mikeymike »

erm, are you going to comment on the quotes you chose? :-)
BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy »

UPS
sory about that
I was jsut trying A new option...
rctrue

Post by rctrue »

I've just read this whole thread and have to submit MY definition of "Tabbed Browsing" as I've not seen it mentioned or am confussed about the terms used in these discussions, Single Window, etc.

When I switched to Panther, Camino became unuseable so I searched for another browser that would do this...

I use a third party bookmark manager and when I click on a link in that program I want the browser to open a new tab in the same window beside the the one I was just looking at. I also want my email program Entourage to do that. I want this to happen without any "secret" additional keys.

After experimenting with the added extensions available in Firebird, I got that to happen with TBE -although it was not intuitive or simple to figure out.

Please don't break this on future builds.

Richard