Multiple Toolbars on a Single Line

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
jayelbird

Multiple Toolbars on a Single Line

Post by jayelbird »

Currently, in my Firefox, each toolbar goes on a separate line, no matter how small the bar is. Is it possible to put more than one toolbar on one line? (Without just changing it around so that it is all one toolbar. I want to have the functionality of turning off whole toolbars when I am not using them.)
donkeyboy

Post by donkeyboy »

Yes, right click on the address bar, go to customise. You can drag things on to different toolbars, then get rid of what you don't need.
We will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural...fluids.
sunsystems

Post by sunsystems »

I am running windows XP prof with SP2 and using firefox 1.5.0.6 as internet browser. How do I get more than 1 toolbar. If I create new toolbar and give it a name 'test' and add icons by drag n drop, on exit I see that the icons are added to the old toolbar and no new toolbar is created. pl help me out. I want to create new toolbars by giving my own names like test1, test2, test3, etc. Please tell me how this is possible ??
Thanks
Rajeev
Sun Systems :-)
jayelbird

Post by jayelbird »

gregstephens wrote:Yes, right click on the address bar, go to customise. You can drag things on to different toolbars, then get rid of what you don't need.

I'm sorry, but that is how you manually add the buttons to the already existing toolbars. That wasn't what I was asking about.
donkeyboy

Post by donkeyboy »

you can drag and move things about as well. And remove.
if this is still not what you are asking, can you be a bit more clear?
We will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural...fluids.
icemaiden

Post by icemaiden »

I would also like to know the answer to this question too. I have made a custom toolbar (toolbar 1) with just a few icons on it. I would like to make another small custom toolbar (toolbar 2) which I would like to place next to (toolbar 1) on the same line. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Individual toolbars cannot be merged. Any icon on the Menubar or Navigation bar can be dragged to the other toolbar; the entire contents of the Bookmark Toolbar can be dragged to either the Menu bar of the Navigation bar. So you can "merge" the Navigation Toolbar (items) and the Bookmark Toolbar (items) onto the Menubar, and then hide the Navbar and the BTB. (BTW, there is an extension called Tiny Menu that will reduce all the items on the Menu bar into one item called Menu.)

When a user creates a new Toolbar in Firefox, they can add anything to it from the Customize dropdown that they want. Multiple Custom Toolbars can be created, but they can't be merged en masse. Both Toolbars must be showing before opening Customize, then the individual icons can be moved from one to the other, thus effectively 'merging' the two Toolbars - the empty one should disappear when Firefox is Restarted (if it doesn't disappear when Customize is closed).

As far as Toolbars for extensions, they can't be merged as complete Toolbars onto other Toolbars, but if the extension developer took the time when they made a particular extension to allow the user the option to drag the icons or display boxes individually, you can effectively merge them by going item by item.
I don't think I have seen more than one or two extensions over the last 4 1/2 years that allowed for that, and I don't know if that is still even possible for extensions for current versions because I haven't used any of those extensions (where individual icons could be dragged) since like maybe Firebird 0.7 or Firefox 0.8 versions.

YMMV, Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Monimonika

Post by Monimonika »

Instead of allowing for dragging, some toolbar extensions have options within them to place them into different toolbars.
dtkelly

Post by dtkelly »

Is it possible to have two bookmark toolbars?

I created a new toolbar, it is currently blank. How would I make it so that I will have two rows of bookmarks?

Thanks.
old np

Post by old np »

dtkelly

Post by dtkelly »

NP, thanks.

*Edit*

It works now. Thanks again.