Complete support of XP Visual Style?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
ExNihilo

Complete support of XP Visual Style?

Post by ExNihilo »

Hi all,

That's a nice surprise that Phoenix is able to use some of the XP visual style (tabs, scrollbar, status bar, button). However, it is not complete. The scrollbar looks slightly different. The Tabs and Status bar doesn't use the VS original text color.

Is there any plan to support XP VS more completely?
asa

Re: Complete support of XP Visual Style?

Post by asa »

ExNihilo wrote:<snip>
Is there any plan to support XP VS more completely?

I think that Phoenix will support as much of it as is possible and as much as hyatt (unless you're volunteering) has time to implement. I think it's sufficient now but as with all things Phoenix, we're going to improve for as long as the project lives.

--Asa
ExNihilo

Post by ExNihilo »

You're right. That's sufficiant now. Complete support is low priority, just a nice to have. To turn around the problem, I just switch to another Visual Style until its looks good under Phoenix.

Sorry I can't help Hyatt, programmatically, I have no clue about Visual Style.
asa

nsITheme

Post by asa »

There are actually several people that have worked on nsITheme, the native theme support for Phoenix (and Mozilla). There are several implementations, one for each fo the different theme APIs on the different platforms. So far we have one for winXP (hyatt), one for GTK (bryner) and one for Aqua (pinkerton).

I saw a bug recently with an attached patch implementing (some?) support for native theme on win98/NT/2K.

None of the implementations are 100% complete and I'm not even sure that the OS vendors have a sufficient API for it to ever be 100% but perhaps others with an interest in improving or adding implementations will come along and offer patches like was done recently for the older windows versions.

--Asa