Fx 2.0 / Cookies management

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
WulfTheSaxon

Post by WulfTheSaxon »

Rayo: Try it again, but restart your computer between uninstalling and reinstalling.
Sign the petition to support net neutrality: savetheinternet.com
rayo

Post by rayo »

WulfTheSaxon wrote:Rayo: Try it again, but restart your computer between uninstalling and reinstalling.

To refresh you on what I had done. I uninstalled Fx, then deleted all files related to Fx and Mozilla, ensured that the Mozilla file had been deleted from Application Data, and deleted all references of Fx in the registry, rebooted and reinstalled Fx. Basically, Fx was installed on an OS that had no instances of Fx on it.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I forget. Why are you doing this clean install?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
rayo

Post by rayo »

The Fx 2 installed over 1.5 gave me instances of slow loading and at times, unable to find the server. I figured that starting from scratch might resolve it and it appears to have done so.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Sometimes that's a symptom of an overzealous firewall, too. Firefox has the same executable name, but the version is different, so the firewall can be fooled. I'm not saying that's it, but it could be.

Also, updates can go poorly if you have a lot of extensions that aren't fully compatible with the new version. A check for extension updates can make Firefox run slow because of the background noise. Making your new profile would cure that, though.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
tbone1734

no "originating site only" option in Firefox 2

Post by tbone1734 »

I'm going back to 1.5. The limited cookie management in Firefox 2 is inadequate.
Havin_it

Re: no "originating site only" option in Firefox 2

Post by Havin_it »

tbone1734 wrote:I'm going back to 1.5. The limited cookie management in Firefox 2 is inadequate.

It's hardly much limited compared to 1.5 -- just one setting is removed from the UI, but it is still present in about:config (which means if you already set it to what you want, that setting is still honoured.

That's not to say that the cookie-management isn't kinda poor to begin with, though ;)