Link functionallity

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
khebbie

Link functionallity

Post by khebbie »

Hello Everybody
I just downloaded the latest phoenix and wow it was great with this new feature, just type a text in a link, and phoenix will find the link for you.
However when reading for example a newspaper, the link may say "Read article" under 15 articles, so here the type ahead feature isn't working.
I suggest a feature that gives every link on a page a number, and in a prompt box you type the corresponding number for the link you want, and voila you are there....

Best regards

Klaus
velociraptor

Please, take it to the phoenix forums!

Post by velociraptor »

I am starting to wonder how complicated it really is to post mozilla stuff to the mozilla forums and phoenix stuff to the phoenix forums ...
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: Please, take it to the phoenix forums!

Post by Alex Bishop »

Velociraptor wrote:I am starting to wonder how complicated it really is to post mozilla stuff to the mozilla forums and phoenix stuff to the phoenix forums ...

Moved to Phoenix Features.
Alex
seb

Re: Link functionallity

Post by seb »

khebbie wrote:I just downloaded the latest phoenix and wow it was great with this new feature, just type a text in a link, and phoenix will find the link for you.
However when reading for example a newspaper, the link may say "Read article" under 15 articles, so here the type ahead feature isn't working.
I suggest a feature that gives every link on a page a number, and in a prompt box you type the corresponding number for the link you want, and voila you are there....

Ctrl+G will make you cycle through links. You'll have to hit it 15 times if you want the 15th "Read Article" link.
Please look at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/acce ... dfind.html for other shortcuts.
khebbie

Post by khebbie »

"Ctrl+G will make you cycle through links. You'll have to hit it 15 times if you want the 15th "Read Article" link. "
Precisely, why would I have to hit CTRL+g 15 times, why not add this feature, which by the way is very simple.

Some of the comments above hints that I don't know hoe to add comments to the phoenix forum. However I belive this feature is present in the Mozilla as well (maybe even others)

Best regards

Klaus